Aunt Sophie, a converted scrub woman, used to say that she had been called to scrub floors and to preach. Wherever she went, she would tell others of Christ the Savior.
Someone made fun of her once by remarking that she had been seen some time ago talking about Christ to the wooden Indian statue standing in front of the cigar store.
Sophie’s reply was, “Perhaps I did. My eyesight is not so good. But talking about Christ to a wooden Indian is not as bad as being a wooden Christian who never talks to anybody about Christ.”
— after William Barclay
If this story hit home, as it did to me, then it’s time we become witnesses (or better witnesses) for God. In my daily prayers, I ask God guide my thoughts, words, and deeds – that in all these things I honor Him and I serve as a testimony to the people around me of God’s grace and love.
“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.'” (Mark 16:15)
- A few words of kindness (transientreflections.com)
- Accepting Christ (pttyann2.wordpress.com)
- Our Work Is Sacred! (work4christ.wordpress.com)
- My Prayer for 2013 (conmakhalira.wordpress.com)
- Christian Life is a Journey (joequatronejr.wordpress.com)